Wednesday, December 22, 2010

cradle cap...

So, all of my older kids have had cradle cap at one point in time.  Although none of them has ever had it as a baby.  I'm not sure why it didn't dawn on me to check CD's hair earlier,  but the a while back I noticed that her pretty much her whole scalp was covered in scaly scales.  Ick.  I've been wanting to take care of it, but due to the oily look of the hair right afterwards, I wanted a good chunk of time (days) that we could spend at home.  This afternoon was the day.  Poor girl.  A good dosing of baby oil, 2 shampoos and multiple combings later and her scalp looks raw in places.  I would say 3/4s of the scales are gone, but I'm afraid I may have to oil her head up again--something I've not had to do with the other 2.  I'm not sure she's going to stand for another oiling.  It took all I could do to get her to sit through this first one.  Sigh.  At least we're on the way to a healthier scalp for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment